Sunday, February 28, 2010

Six years ago today...


Six years ago today was my last at the Gazette-Times. It ended my 12 year career as a newspaper photographer, and was the start of my own business.

I wish I was smart and say I could foresee the downfall of the newspaper industry, but no, I quit to be a stay at home dad and see if I could make it as a freelance photographer.

I have never looked back.

Sure I miss having co-workers, I wish I would have been Omaha in 2006 when the Beavers won the College World Series. The Civil War last year would of been great to shoot, but I love what I do now. Running my on business is very rewarding

With my commercial photography I work with some great clients and some very talented and creative people. They have helped me become a much better photographer.

I have photographed so many great weddings and met many wonderful brides and grooms who I still keep in touch with.

I would have have never thought photographing 17 year old kids for their senior photos would be so fun and rewarding. They are great to work with and I can be as creative as I want.

So to everyone that has helped me along this journey, especially my three girls.

Thank you very much I look forward to the next six years. And then who knows?

Karl

p.s. The photo is from last summer when we did the PDX Bridgeride

1 comment:

Niki Price said...

Congratulations, Karl. Time flies, doesn't it? I continue to watch your work with pride... I once worked with him!
Niki